Our avocado and cilantro rice recipe is a unique take on a rice dish that really allows us to explore some different flavors and textures. Often a struggle for some who are transitioning to a plant-based diet is being able to keep the food they are eating feeling fresh. If you are well adjusted to eating plain old rice, but haven't really explore many plant-based alternatives, I think you may just find what you are looking for here!
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Mash avocados in large bowl. Add in chopped cilantro, juice of 1 lime, garlic powder, cumin powder, chili powder, and S+P. Stir everything until combined. Add in warm rice and stir.
- I enjoy this rice topped with chopped tomatoes and hot sauce!