- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 serrano chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare the black beans in your pressure cooker (or using another method if you prefer)
- Chop all vegetables (tomatoes, green bell pepper, and serrano chili peppers)
- Add white wine vinegar and add S&P to taste
- Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours until cold.
The great thing about Cold Black Bean Salad's is that they are easy to adjust to make into new recipes all your own. You can mix it up with different seasonings (such as cilantro), swap out the white wine vinegar with another vinaigrette of choice, and add additional vegetables (such as corn) to further add to the dish.
If you don't like your food so spicy, you can remove (or decrease the amount of) serrano chili peppers. If you are one of those people who like exploring the spicy side of life, you can certainly add more to taste. This is one of the most adaptable salad's you will ever encounter!