One of the toughest part for many who switch to a whole foods, plant-based diet is giving up sweets. Ice cream is an addicting substance. Something about the sugar content paired with the many flavor options, constantly evolving due to mom-and-pop ice cream parlors that continue to operate and experiment, makes it so appealing. Not to mention the low cost. Fortunately, vegans have ice cream alternatives that allows us to get our fill with a similar taste and texture, and it isn't difficult at all to make. You can make your own Neapolitan, Vegan Ice Cream in just a handful of minutes.
Banana Vanilla Nice Cream -
- 3 large ripe bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
Strawberry Banana Nice Cream -
- 2 large ripe bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
Chocolate Banana Nice Cream -
- 2 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 3 frozen bananas, chopped and frozen
- Prepare each "Nice Cream" flavor individually
- Chop all required bananas (for full Neapolitan substitute - 8 large bananas)
- Freeze the bananas until "rock solid"
- Add the required ingredients into your blender - your goal is to have a well mixed, but creamy consistency. The settings required for this may vary by blender.
- Scoop the individual ice cream substitutes into a glass bread pan to reveal the normal Neapolitan ice cream color spectrum (a great way to impress family and friends)
- Eat to your hearts content!
This may just be the healthiest ice cream you ever eat. Thanks to the plant-based diet for inspiring us to make use of the fruits we already enjoy eating due to their naturally sweet taste profiles. With a little ingenuity of some natural additives, nice cream is an easy treat suitable for everyone!