- 1 large yellow or white onion, chopped into large chunks
- 4 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, chopped into ¾ inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, chopped into ¾ inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1 ½ cup green peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Kitchen Bouquet Browning and Seasoning sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup water
1 In a large saucepan, Dutch oven, or pot heat 1 cup of vegetable broth over medium heat. Add in onions, garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté for 10 minutes, stir frequently.
3 In a jar with lid combine cornstarch and water to create a smooth texture (this prevents any clumps of cornstarch in stew. Shake well until smooth. Dump into pot with other ingredients.
4 Bring stew to a boil and then bring down to a simmer for 45 minutes. Cover with lid and stir occasionally.
5 Add in peas and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Enjoy!
This makes a lot...You will definitely have leftovers!