- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 5 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
3 Add in the 1 cup of uncooked elbow noodles and simmer until cooked, around 10 minutes. Stir frequently. If you find at the end that you want more liquid in your soup you can add another cup of vegetable broth.
We like a nice chunky soup!