- 1 cup green uncooked lentils
- 3 ½ cups veggie broth or water
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup quick oats or old fashioned oats (blended fine)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup finely ground walnuts
1 In a sauce pan place 1 cup of lentils with 3 cups of veggie broth or water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
2 Sauté onion, garlic, celery, green pepper, and apple in ½ cup of veggie broth for 5 minutes.
3 In a small bowl whisk together the ground flaxseed and water and set aside.
4 When the lentils are done cooking drain them and mash them until very mushy.
5 In a large bowl put in oats, bread crumbs, walnuts, spices, vegetable mix, lentils, flaxseed mixture, and soy sauce. Stir together until combined well.
6 Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Pack the meatloaf mixture into the pan, pressing firmly down into pan.
7 Whisk together glaze ingredients and place on top of meatloaf.
8 Bake at 350° degrees, uncovered for 35 minutes