- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (28 oz) can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 8 1/2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Sauté onion, garlic, celery, and green pepper in ½ cup of vegetable broth for 7-10 minutes in a Dutch oven or large pot.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, combine well.
- Add in diced tomatoes, cabbage, 8 cups vegetable broth, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and bay leaves. Stir well. Bring to a light simmer at a medium high heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low, cover with lid, and let cook for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves and enjoy!