I really love simple recipes that have just a few ingredients that come together in a small time frame. Of course, when the outcome is something tasty, it makes the simplicity easier to be appreciated and enjoyed. This is the case for some dairy-free (vegan friendly!) chocolate banana oatmeal cookies. These are great and can be made without oil by using an oil substitute - the bananas actually serve this purpose.
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey (or your preferred natural sweetener)
- A sprinkle of dairy-free chocolate chips
Your going to love the simplicity of this one -
- In a bowl, mash the bananas and mix with steel cut oats, vanilla extract, honey, and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Place on an oven tray with parchment paper. Tinfoil is also usable but I found that the cookies would often stick to them - you can counter this by using a light amount of flour on the sheet.
- Cook in an oven at 350 degrees (F) for 15 minutes.
This recipe makes about 16 cookies.