One of my favorite muffin recipes is this easy to prepare and very healthy snack. What I really love outside of the moist and sweet taste is the ability to prepare many muffins early in the week, store in the fridge, and eat as needed generally as little snacks. They are easy to take along to work at my contracting jobs, and I imagine you could find a similar benefit.
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk (your preference)
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Blueberries (up to you how much per muffin you would prefer)
- Dairy free chocolate chips (up to you how much per muffin you would prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the muffin tin tray with paper or foil muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the applesauce, brown sugar, plant-based milk, vanilla extract, sea salt, and cinnamon. Whisk these items until well combined.
- Stir in the oats and baking powder.
- Fill the muffin tin with 1/4 cup of the prepared mixture. Add blueberries + dairy free chocolate chips to taste by pressing on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- If you have leftovers, you can refrigerate to preserve for about a week.