This is one of the easiest saute vegetables recipes you will come across. While a traditional "saute" involves the use of oils - I will show you an alternative for making a meal that tastes great without the added fatty oils. It's worth noting that this is a meal that can be made in large quantities and consumed throughout the week if you have a busy lifestyle - and a large amount can be made for a small amount of money as well (the quantity in the photo is for less than $5).
- 1 bag frozen peas, steamed
- 1 bag frozen corn, steamed
- 2 cups rice (alternatively: 2 bags rice if using Success Boil-in-Bag-Rice)
- 1 cup organic baby carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup water (or vegetable broth for more flavor)
- Seasonings (optional: to taste)
- Follow the individual prep directions for steaming the frozen peas and corn. Also, prepare the rice as usual (depending on the type of rice, you may need to a lot up to 60 minutes for this to be complete). In the photo, you can see I am using the quicker to prepare Success Boil-in-Bag-Rice.
- Chop about 1 cup of baby carrots. Microwave for 2 minutes until carrots are tender.
- When all veggies are prepared individually, combine in a non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Add 1/2 cup water (or vegetable broth). Add more liquid if you are finding the vegetables are sticking or burning.
- The dish is complete when the liquid has been absorbed. You can expedite this process by covering the skillet with a lid.
- Add seasonings to enhance this simple recipes. Sea salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and nutritional yeast are just a few I enjoy with this easy vegetable saute.
Making an easy saute vegetables recipe without oil is easy to do. It's entirely possible to create large quantities of this vegan recipe as well, which is one thing I love to do so I can eat it throughout the week for lunch, dinner, and even a tasty snack here and there. The best part is that this dish is nutritionally varied, provides a great source of protein, and adds a lot of color diversity to your plate. I will need to play around more with preparing this in an Instant Pot pressure cooker to see the taste difference as well.